October 10-12 | Greensboro, NC
Across the nation, cities are realizing that talent will drive their ability to grow.
Young, Smart and Local is a three-day conference designed to inform and engage leaders from higher education, business, government, economic development, and community organizations on best practices around talent growth and attraction.
Campus Philly, the nationally-known talent retention initiative in Philadelphia, and Action Greensboro, national-model for collaborative philanthropic investment in economic development hosted this conference in Philadelphia on April 9 & 10, 2019.
- City as campus: strategies and tactics to leverage city assets as part of college students’ educational experience
- Best practices for connecting college talent to job opportunity in your region
- National trends and forecasts regarding talent development, alignment and retention
- Benchmarking and measuring the impact of talent retention
- Diversity and equity in growing cities
- Supporting Underserved Talent Populations
- Supporting and Connecting to Remote Workers and Interns
- COVIDs Impact on Talent
- Anchor Economies
Representatives from cities and metro regions that are committed to talent growth.
- Human resource and recruiting leads from major employers
- Economic development professionals from city, state and local governments and NGOs
- Higher education leaders
- Chamber of commerce leaders focused on talent and business growth
- Destination marketing leaders who focus on attracting new businesses to a region