November 13-15 | New Orleans, LA
Across the nation, cities are realizing that talent will drive their ability to grow.
Young, Smart, and Local is a three-day conference designed to inform and engage leaders from higher education, business, government, economic development, and community organizations on best practices around talent attraction, growth, and retention.
Campus Philly, the nationally-known talent retention initiative in Philadelphia, and Action Greensboro, a national model for collaborative philanthropic investment in economic development, hosted this conference in Philadelphia on April 9th and 10th, 2019. In partnership with Greater New Orleans, Inc., and Campus Tulsa, the conference was hosted for its second year in Greensboro, NC from October 10th to 12th, 2022.
We’re excited to bring Young, Smart & Local to New Orleans, LA in November 2023!
- City as campus: strategies and tactics to leverage city assets as part of college students’ educational experience
- Best practices for connecting college talent to job opportunity in your region
- National trends and forecasts regarding talent development, alignment and retention
- Benchmarking and measuring the impact of talent retention
- Diversity and equity in growing cities
- Supporting Underserved Talent Populations
- Supporting and Connecting to Remote Workers and Interns
- COVID’s Impact on Talent
- Anchor Economies
Representatives from cities and metro regions that are committed to talent growth.
- Human resource and recruiting leaders from major employers
- Economic development professionals from city, state and local governments and NGOs
- Higher education leaders
- Chamber of commerce leaders focused on talent and business growth
- Destination marketing leaders who focus on attracting new businesses to a region