November 13-15 | New Orleans, LA
Across the nation, cities are realizing that talent will drive their ability to grow.
Young, Smart, and Local is a three-day conference designed to inform and engage leaders from higher education, business, government, economic development, and community organizations on best practices around talent attraction, growth, and retention.
Campus Philly, the nationally-known talent retention initiative in Philadelphia, and Action Greensboro, a national model for collaborative philanthropic investment in economic development, hosted this conference in Philadelphia on April 9th and 10th, 2019. In partnership with Greater New Orleans, Inc., and Campus Tulsa, the conference was hosted for its second year in Greensboro, NC from October 10th to 12th, 2022.
We’re excited to bring Young, Smart & Local to New Orleans, LA in November 2023!
- The future of work: how cities, businesses, and talent are reimagining work
- National trends, forecasts, and best practices in talent attraction, development, retention, and migration
- City as campus: strategies to leverage city assets as part of college students’ educational experience, and to connect graduates with local job opportunities
- Benchmarking and measuring the impact of talent retention
- Diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in growing cities
- Connecting with and supporting underserved talent populations, remote workers, and interns
- Tourism, placemaking and talent marketing collaborations
- Anchor institutions as talent magnets
Representatives from cities and metro regions that are committed to talent growth.
- Human resource and recruiting leaders from major employers
- Economic development professionals from city, state and local governments and NGOs
- Higher education leaders
- Chamber of commerce leaders focused on talent and business growth
- Destination marketing leaders who focus on attracting new businesses to a region